Students are expected to take at least three years of science in high school. Below is the typical sequence of classes, but we have many additional science classes they can take if they want:
- 9th Grade - Biology
- 10th Grade - Physics or AP Chemistry (Math 3 or higher for AP Chem)
- 11th Grade - Chemistry or AP Physics (if took AP Chem already)
Additional Science Classes that are normally offered (most require being a junior or senior):
Astronomy (mini elective grades 9-12), Criminalistics, Infectious Diseases, Physiology, AP Physics 2, AP Biology, and AP Environmental Science
Please click here to visit our course catalog page to view all Science classes and course descripitions.
If you want to email an Science teacher then please use your StudentVue/ParentVue or our staff directory on this website by clicking here.
Science students will...
1. Utilize resources and make informal Decisions regarding scientific issues.
2. Respect Nature by evaluating the effects of humanity on the environment and proposing possible solutions for problems affecting biological systems and natural resources.
3. Apply a systematic approach to solve problems and evaluate new discoveries.
- Our School
- School Information
- AP Exam Info
- Business & Computer Science
- Industrial Technology & Engineering
- Physical Education
- Social Science
- Strategies (Special Education)
- Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA)
- World Language
- Course Selection
- College & Career
- Social Emotional
- Senior Corner
- District Resources