Hello Franklin High School Wildcats & Valued Community Members -
At least once every six years, high schools in the Elk Grove Unified School District go through an accreditation process. A team of evaluators, who are principals, teachers, and students from other school districts, visits our campus several times, examines a report we compile, and talks to students, parents and staff about the successes and areas of improvement needed at the school undergoing the accreditation.
Here the following for our WASC Official Accreditation Results Letter 2019
What is WASC?
• The Accrediting Commission for Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges (ACS WASC), a world-renowned accrediting association and one of the six regional accrediting agencies in the United States, works closely with the Office of Overseas Schools under the U.S. Department of State. ACS WASC provides assistance to schools worldwide, primarily in California, Hawaii, Guam, Asia, the Pacific Region, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe
ACS WASC Philosophy:
• The philosophy of the Accrediting Commission for Schools centers upon three beliefs: (1) a school’s goal is successful student learning; (2) each school has a clear purpose and school-wide student goals; and (3) a school engages in external and internal evaluations as part of continued school improvement to support student learning.
• Assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program — a trustworthy institution for student learning
• Validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
• Facilitates transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
• Fosters the ongoing improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
• Provides valuable insight from fellow educators visiting the school
• Benefits schools that choose joint accreditation or other collaborative processes
We are excited to have Teachers, Staff, Students, Parent and Community Members participate in this WASC Self-Study process.
- Our School
- School Information
- AP Exam Info
- Business & Computer Science
- Industrial Technology & Engineering
- Physical Education
- Social Science
- Strategies (Special Education)
- Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA)
- World Language
- Course Selection
- College & Career
- Social Emotional
- Senior Corner
- District Resources